An Overview Of The Baking Soda Acne Treatment
Baking soda, also called Bicarbonate of soda, is another natural mineral product that has a multitude of uses, it has been around a very long time and has never been replaced with a man-made substance.
Because of its remarkable properties it inevitably came under scrutiny as a possible cure for acne, and it is probably true that some people have had some success by using it on their skin.
Baking soda is so useful as It can do so many other things besides its generally intended purpose.
Here we look at how to use a facial mask made from baking soda to help with acne skin, baking soda is very cheap so it is always worth a try, although chances are it will only work for mild acne.
Baking Soda Facial Mask Treatment
- As it comes, baking soda is a very fine white powder, and this needs to be mixed with a little water to make a paste with the consistency of very thick paint.
- The area to be treated should be wet first as this will aid spreading.
- Apply the soda paste to the required area very gently using your fingertips, use a circular motion so that it get well into the skin’s surface layer.
- Cover the whole area with the mask then leave it on until dry, rinse off with warm water.
- Quantity-wise try a mix of 3 level tablespoons of water to one of soda and see how it looks, add the water a little at a time and see how it looks, it will mix easier with warm water from a kettle.
Skin Exfoliant Using Baking Soda
Baking soda also makes an excellent exfoliant for the skin, the tiny particles make it an effective means of removing dead skin cells, and this can also help if you have dark patches on the skin from hyper-pigmentation and possibly those marks left by scars, in addition it also acts as a mild antiseptic that will help to kill bacteria on the skin and it is this property that has probably accounted for its success as an acne treatment.
When used as an exfoliant it needs to be a lot thinner, be sure to go over the whole area gently as before.
A third way you can apply bicarbonate of soda is by using it as a sort of toner, to do this mix it so it is like water and put the solution in an atomizer spray like they use to spray houseplants with, these are ideal, (use a new one, they are very cheap).Spray it liberally on the face, closing your eyes as you do it, and then just leave it to dry naturally.
A word of caution is needed here just in case anyone is tempted, although it is used in cooking and sometimes as an antacid for indigestion and is perfectly safe, it should not be taken internally for any other reason, it will not work on acne from the inside out and it may cause serious health problems if large amounts of it are ingested.